Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Cindy Sheehan

Home // Conservative Corner

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Cindy Sheehan Reply with quote
Seriously, what the hell is with her? I have not physically met a single person who doesn't believe that she is just a media whore capitalizing off of her son's death, and I know a ton of people. I may get some flac here, but I really want to know, what is her problem? She obviously doesn't care about the memory of her son, or she would make sure everyone knew his name, or maybe, at least, buy a grave marker for his burial site. She seems to celebrate civil disobedience, but civil disobedience doesn't work unless you do something. Getting arrested for going to Bush's ranch and throwing a hissy fit isn't something to be proud of. I dunno, maybe I just feel like ranting a bit, but she really ticks me off.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Cindy Sheehan Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
civil disobedience doesn't work unless you do something.

I think she is taking advantage of her son's death, but in his position (dead), I'd be okay with that if it stopped more people from dying. Civil disobedience is only ineffective when nobody notices. And as long as she's getting big piles of media attention, she affects the sentiments of Americans. And she is.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seriously, why does anyone care about what cindy sheehan does or does not do?

Conservatives especially love to heap on the hate. But...who cares?
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I supported her orignally but she just has gone over the deep end. She is just capitalizing on her son's death.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so what if she is an attention whore? she gave a son to this bullshit war and since, she has devoted her life to trying to end the war. i am not out there devoting all of my time to speaking out and protesting the war ans i have to respect her for that.
mike920

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take a different approach here. I do not in any way believe that she is a media whore. She is someone upset with the government for starting an uneccesary war that caused Casey's (her son) death.

If I were her, and my son died in a war like this I would be FUMMING. I would not stop until the war was over. My objective... to stop others from dieing for no reason thats helping the United States. That is exactly what she is doing. Good For Her.

Her perogative does not affect you. It affects anyone over seas and the lives of American Soldiers. For that I am forever greatful we have somone like Cindy that is so brave to stand up against this dictatorship form of government (109th congress, and George W.Bush)
Dirty Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard that it was not even her real son and the family wants nothing to do with her. I think the media has created a monster that will come to bite the Dems in the ass. It already has, I think. Didn't she lead a protest at the Congressional inauguration?
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dirty Jersey wrote:
I heard that it was not even her real son and the family wants nothing to do with her. I think the media has created a monster that will come to bite the Dems in the ass. It already has, I think. Didn't she lead a protest at the Congressional inauguration?

How is protesting the war gonna bite the dems in the ass? What her family wants or whether her son actually grew out of an egg cell with her genes in it has nothing to do with her conviction or whether it's right. And what can a single person do to end a war besides get attention, hold protests, and convince the media to look at her? Are you saying she should just shut up with her convictions and stop giving a shit? She has nothing left to lose from this war, her son is dead. She's looking out for the interests of others, and that's respectable regardless of her methods.
Mike
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, we know she is against war, but what about her son, Casey? He obviously cared enough about the country to join the military, so don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to her son and the military to stand up and claim that the president doesn't care about anything, this war is pointless (although obviously not to her son), etc., etc.? I understand that she'd be upset about her kid's death, but seriously, give it a rest. Her son chose to be in Iraq. He chose to fight for his country, though he knew the danger. Protesting war is all fine and good, but she takes it a few steps to far, she's looking like a raving lunatic now, what with hugging Communists (Chavez), and traveling the world to show her dissupport of Bush and it just all seems so friggin retarded to me. She's just one step down from being as looney as Gore. lol
mike920

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
Well, we know she is against war, but what about her son, Casey? He obviously cared enough about the country to join the military, so don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to her son and the military to stand up and claim that the president doesn't care about anything, this war is pointless (although obviously not to her son), etc., etc.? I understand that she'd be upset about her kid's death, but seriously, give it a rest. Her son chose to be in Iraq. He chose to fight for his country, though he knew the danger. Protesting war is all fine and good, but she takes it a few steps to far, she's looking like a raving lunatic now, what with hugging Communists (Chavez), and traveling the world to show her dissupport of Bush and it just all seems so friggin retarded to me. She's just one step down from being as looney as Gore. lol

Casey fought early on in the war.
At which point, America believed Iraq had WMDs.
THEY DID NOT.

I WOULD BE PISSED TOO.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mike wrote:
Well, we know she is against war, but what about her son, Casey? He obviously cared enough about the country to join the military, so don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to her son and the military to stand up and claim that the president doesn't care about anything, this war is pointless (although obviously not to her son), etc., etc.?

Joining the armed force = supporting an ill-considered and disasterous war?

No.
It's absurd to think that a person being in the military necessarily entails them agreeing with everything that the military does.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it such a problem if she capitalizes off the death of others? This *is* western society we're talking about.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, good point.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
she is in cuba now

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/.....topstories
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Seriously, why does anyone care about what cindy sheehan does or does not do?

Conservatives especially love to heap on the hate. But...who cares?

which conservative were you referring to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3