Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Church of Scientology Emails leaked...

Home // General Chatter

JLV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Church of Scientology Emails leaked... Reply with quote
From www.enturbulation.org:

Quote:
The DEEP CLAM strikes again. First, I would like to say Happy Birthday to L. Ron Hubbard!

Two Parts. 1. CCHR Leak 3. 2. ClubTheta Message Boards

CCHR Leak 3 - Emails from 2007 and 2008, earliest ones being about the recent Mayoral Election and massive love for Ron Paul! - http://rapidshare.com/files/99.....3.pdf.html

Quote:

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Fw: RE-ELECT FRANK HIBBARD, MAYOR OF CLEARWATER
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 11:53:07 -0400

See below. Everyone in Clearwater MUST vote. Every vote will be needed to be
sure Hibbard gets re-elected. The alternative is Rita Garvey who is an SP.

----- Original Message -----
To: Shelly Bauer <mailto:shelly.bauer@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:09 AM
Subject: RE-ELECT FRANK HIBBARD, MAYOR OF CLEARWATER

DO YOUR PART
RE-ELECT FRANK HIBBARD
MAYOR OF CLEARWATER
VOTE!!!
JANUARY 29TH
TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED!

Some of these emails seem to implicate them in making political recommendations from the pulpit, which may be illegal.

The Law:

Quote:

Currently, the law prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one "which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."

The IRS has published Revenue Ruling 2007-41, which outlines how churches, and all 501(c)(3) organizations, can stay within the law regarding the ban on political activity. Also, the ban by Congress is on political campaign activity regarding a candidate; churches and other 501(c)(3) organizations can engage in a limited amount of lobbying (including ballot measures) and advocate for or against issues that are in the political arena. The IRS also has provided guidance regarding the difference between advocating for a candidate and advocating for legislation. See political and lobbying activities.

Anyway, this is spreading like wild fire across the net. Could this be the end of Scientology and it's tax exempt status ways?

What are people saying?

From www.enturbulation.org:

Quote:
Can't quite describe the happiness i'm feeling right now. I love it when a cult gets it's due.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // General Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1