Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Church and State Seperation broken again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

chevydriver1123
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Church and State Seperation broken again Reply with quote
Here we go again. Ill probably get flak for this because its from the New York Times but oh well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12.....mp;emc=rss

Discuss
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like how this is the teacher that's supposed to be teaching about the constitution.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The scariest part to me is how many people are on the teacher's side. Now if he were specifically asked religious questions, and stated his religious viewpoint in the framework of personal belief, that's acceptable, he should never lie about his faith or anything like that. But telling a student she's doomed to go to Hell because she doesn't accept Jesus Christ? And people in the district think it's OKAY??? That's a belligerent and hurtful statement made to a student completely outside the framework of education and it's absolutely unacceptable. It should be made clear to this teacher that he has NO right to tell a student they're wrong and immoral for rejecting his personal belief system. How can anyone see this as not preaching?
Nesta13Maldini
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The God of the Bible was ready to destroy every living creature on earth because some humans irritated Him. That's the story of Noah. I mean, that's beyond genocide - you don't know how to describe this creature. Somebody offended Him, and He was going to destroy every living being on earth? And then He was talked into allowing two of each species to stay alive - so that's supposed to be gentle and wonderful Question
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:
The scariest part to me is how many people are on the teacher's side. Now if he were specifically asked religious questions, and stated his religious viewpoint in the framework of personal belief, that's acceptable, he should never lie about his faith or anything like that. But telling a student she's doomed to go to Hell because she doesn't accept Jesus Christ? And people in the district think it's OKAY??? That's a belligerent and hurtful statement made to a student completely outside the framework of education and it's absolutely unacceptable. It should be made clear to this teacher that he has NO right to tell a student they're wrong and immoral for rejecting his personal belief system. How can anyone see this as not preaching?

I hear its nice and cozy down there!
paganmonster42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
that's excatly why I'm becoming a teacher, so future generations can get someone who has a mind to teach them
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
paganmonster42 wrote:
that's excatly why I'm becoming a teacher, so future generations can get someone who has a mind to teach them

I'm glad that we have brave men (or women, whichever you are) like you to sacrifice their sanity for the good of civilization.

I, for one, am not nearly so brave, or psychologically stable. If i went into teaching, I'd crack like a walnut.
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
paganmonster42 wrote:

I'm glad that we have brave men (or women, whichever you are) like you to sacrifice their sanity for the good of civilization.

I, for one, am not nearly so brave, or psychologically stable. If i went into teaching, I'd crack like a walnut.

I have seen a teacher explain the mechanics of a walnut cracker. Is that similar.
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:
exton wrote:
paganmonster42 wrote:

I have seen a teacher explain the mechanics of a walnut cracker. Is that similar.

The mechanics of why the moon isn't made of cheese.
Nesta13Maldini
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JesusLopezViejo wrote:

It's not made of cheese? Shocked
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nesta13Maldini wrote:
JesusLopezViejo wrote:

Just might be...We will finally find out when we install the lunar nuclear base on it...
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JesusLopezViejo wrote:
Nesta13Maldini wrote:
JesusLopezViejo wrote:

Just might be...We will finally find out when we install the lunar nuclear base on it...

Dun bez sillay, youz cantz buildza newcwelaw base on dehhhh mmoooonbnn!! itsa mada chez Very Happy
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:

Very much so. The students and the job are the walnut cracker, and my sanity is the walnut.
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Docsmitter wrote:

Very much so. The students and the job are the walnut cracker, and my sanity is the walnut.

You sanity has a tangy yet refreshing taste?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:

You sanity has a tangy yet refreshing taste?

Only when freshly cracked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2