Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Catholic Inquisition 2008

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Catholic Inquisition 2008 Reply with quote
I can't even really explain this article. Just read it. So very, very ridiculous.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyn.....racker.php

Quote:
"It is hurtful," said Father Migeul Gonzalez with the Diocese. "Imagine if they kidnapped somebody and you make a plea for that individual to please return that loved one to the family."

It is hurtful. Imagine if they kidnapped your God-cracker and you make a plea for that individual to please return that loved God-cracker to the Church.

And it's now gotten to this point (and this is all directed to the guy that wrote the article, not the guy that actually stole the eucharist):

Quote:
So far today, I have received 39 pieces of personal hate mail of varying degrees of literacy, all because I was rude to a cracker. Four of them have included death threats, a personal one day record. Thirty-four of them have demanded that I be fired. Twenty-five of them have told me to desecrate a copy of the Koran, instead, or in some similar way offend Muslims, because — in a multiplicity of ironic cluelessness — apparently only some religious icons must be protected, and I would only offend Catholics because they are all so nice that none of them would wish me harm. I even have one email that says I should be fired, that the author would like to kill me, and that I only criticize because Catholics are so gentle and kind.

lol at the last one.

Quote:
Oh, and of course, the university president's office has also received lots of mail demanding my immediate ouster (keep in mind, though…Catholics are no threat to anyone at all.) I don't know how much, but since Donohue published the president's email address and not mine, I imagine it's much greater than what I've seen. Those lovely Dark Age fanatics at the Catholic League have started a write-in campaign to start up an inquisition.

http://richarddawkins.net/arti.....Pharyngula

Oh my. And I thought 2008 might find the end of ridiculous ancient practices like inquisitions and exorcism.
Timetheos
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
To me, the "funniest" bit was
Quote:
Four of them have included death threats, a personal one day record.

It's all too common for religous nuts: they follow the trivial (go to church every Sunday) and miss the boat (don't harm your fellow 'man').
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Catholic Inquisition 2008 Reply with quote
what makes this so funny is that we don't expect Catholics to act like this. Catholics are generally pretty open to having their religion ridiculed.
Islam, on the other hand, goes ballistic if you make any kind of snide remark about their religion. they riot, kill people, vandalize, etc. This is just something we've come to expect from radical Islam.
chevydriver1123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Catholic Inquisition 2008 Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
what makes this so funny is that we don't expect Catholics to act like this. Catholics are generally pretty open to having their religion ridiculed.
Islam, on the other hand, goes ballistic if you make any kind of snide remark about their religion. they riot, kill people, vandalize, etc. This is just something we've come to expect from radical Islam.

Bullshit you conservatives start pulling the Communist/Maxist card whenever some public figure criticizes religion.
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Catholic Inquisition 2008 Reply with quote
chevydriver1123 wrote:
cornopean wrote:

Bullshit you conservatives start pulling the Communist/Marxist card whenever some public figure criticizes religion.

I know its pointless to ask you for examples.
even if it was true, pulling a card is quite different than blowing up school children and rioting.
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Catholic Inquisition 2008 Reply with quote
Quote:

This is why I posted this. I wanted your response, because I knew exactly what you'd do. You are a moral relativist when it's convenient to you. I post terrible things that Catholics are doing over pointless things and you downplay it because—hey!—Islam has done much worse.

I don't give a FUCK about Islam in this topic. How about that? We have Catholics, an accepted public institution in this country, making death threats to a man who was given a cracker and didn't eat it AND a man who wrote an article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1