Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Bill O'Reilly Versus Richard Dawkins TONIGHT 8 PM EST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly Versus Richard Dawkins TONIGHT 8 PM EST Reply with quote
Richard Dawkins will be interviewed by conservative commentator Bill O'Reilly on Monday, April 23, at 8.00pm EST on FOX. The program will be rebroadcasted at 11.00pm. Check your local listings for times. This should be interesting. Dawkins being a world-renowned scientist...O'Reilly being a world-renowned swill-merchant.
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those that missed it:

Video link here:

http://richarddawkins.net/arti.....r-Fox-News
thelast007
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i refuse to give fox news one rating. so thanks for the web link.

Richard Dawkins. nice.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
O'reilly is such a dink! He just cut him off whenever he tried to say something. And Hitler was Catholic. Just like the new pope is a nazi.
Anym
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thank god(chuckles) that you didn't call this a debate.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stalin was bad?
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had someone email me with...

"Not everyone on this thread is liberal and you should watch who you
call a swill merchant."

Was that a threat?

LOL.

I just copy and pasted the article summary....
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't know you were pasting the article summary, I also thought that was your personal opinion, so easy mistake to make I guess.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think he's a swill-merchant, for the record.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea but as a moderator Jesus' e-mails to the wider population of the forum shouldn't be biased.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh *that* email. i thought this was just about his original post in this thread.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea, so you can see the guy's point if he thought that was Jesus' view, not just a quote of the article.
TrespassersW
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes I forget the bias so many of you bring to everything that comes across your field of vision. I finally took the time to watch the clip, and I saw two men civilly discussing their differences of opinion. I'm no fan of O'Reilly, but I don't have a hard-on for him like so many of you either; and I've never heard of Dawkins before, but he seems like and intelligent, reasonable man. Neither made any statements I would call absurd or outrageous, and neither was rude or dismissive of the other. (I must admit I cringed when O'Reilly referred to the "physiology" Rolling Eyes of how the cosmos came into being, but everyone mispeakifies now and again.) Wink

If anyone thinks I missed something--if there was some specific point in the discussion or statement made that got your hackles up--please point me to it. I'm here to learn. Cool
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TrespassersW wrote:
Sometimes I forget the bias so many of you bring to everything that comes across your field of vision. I finally took the time to watch the clip, and I saw two men civilly discussing their differences of opinion. I'm no fan of O'Reilly, but I don't have a hard-on for him like so many of you either; and I've never heard of Dawkins before, but he seems like and intelligent, reasonable man. Neither made any statements I would call absurd or outrageous, and neither was rude or dismissive of the other. (I must admit I cringed when O'Reilly referred to the "physiology" Rolling Eyes of how the cosmos came into being, but everyone mispeakifies now and again.) Wink

If anyone thinks I missed something--if there was some specific point in the discussion or statement made that got your hackles up--please point me to it. I'm here to learn. Cool

No, Bill really doesn't get my hackles up, anymore. I give him the same amount of relevance that I would a bi-polar kid. It is just like white noise.
TrespassersW
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
TrespassersW wrote:

No, Bill really doesn't get my hackles up, anymore. I give him the same amount of relevance that I would a bi-polar kid. It is just like white noise.

Of course, Dawkins did not agree to be interviewed by a bi-polar kid, which suggests that at least he notices a difference. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Atheism Versus Religion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2