Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
believing in evolution means you deny god? fuck no!

Home // Evolution Versus Creationism

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: believing in evolution means you deny god? fuck no! Reply with quote
i get into it with my evangelical aunt about evolution and she always manages to say that if you believe in evolution you deny god.

this is bullshit.

i do not concern myself with the existence of god and what he wants and has done, because as a man i can NEVER know. if i were to argue why i think god exists, evolution would be foundation upon which i based my argument.

intelligent design? oh hell yes. god knew that what he made would not be perfect for eternity so he came up with a design for life to adapt in order to sustain itself. pretty fucking intelligent!
American Infidel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would tend to agree with you that believing in evolution does not necessarily mean that you do not believe in God. I do believe, however, that we have always, and will forever continue to, find away to explain away God. I believe that evolution is one of the ways in which we do this.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey you know what man just believe what you believe and don't let others persecute you for them because this is America and your free to believe what you want to here.
American Infidel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing that you said is that you don't concern yourself with the existence of God because you can't know. I'd like to challenge you to search anyways even if you don't think you can possibly know. I say that because I do know that God exists. I've seen him work miracles that science just can't explain. As you said, Anym, we're all free to believe what we believe but someday you might have to give an answer for what you do believe.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I choose to on religion to be an unbiased observer rather than the front lines. Whether or not an omnipresent being exist eh I could not care less about. If the being does exist then what will happen will happen. Currently I am not a member of any religion due to hypocrisies and baggage many of them carry but I will agree with the theory of evolution due to the overwhelming amount of scientist who believe in it.
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe in both. Wink
shenrougu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anym wrote:
I choose to on religion to be an unbiased observer rather than the front lines. Whether or not an omnipresent being exist eh I could not care less about. If the being does exist then what will happen will happen. Currently I am not a member of any religion due to hypocrisies and baggage many of them carry but I will agree with the theory of evolution due to the overwhelming amount of scientist who believe in it.

An overwhelimng amount of germans in WW2 beleived in the atheist nazi ideology. Just because a lot of people beleive in something and claim to know what their talking about is a pretty sloppy basis to base your sprituality upon.

And I agree, I dont think evolution disproves god at all. Which is why it mystifiys me when someone like Richard Dawkin says "god dosnt exist" when yet he hasnt provided any other alternative except there was a giant explosion and then planets formed and then a lightening bolt struck a puddle which created bacteria which turned into fish which jumped out of the water and turned into insects , reptiles, apes then humans.

American Infidel, have I seen you on the myspace republican forums? I recognise the username and opinion.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Godwins law shenrougu, you just lost.

Anyways, let me just add this;

This is my logical argument to disprove that God such as defined in the bible exists, I'm not saying there is not a higher power, but I am saying it isn't the Judeo-Christian God.

The real question is, if God is omnipotent, then he sees everything that will happen and has happened and is happening all at the same time, in fact time itself has no meaning to him. Therefore if God were to affect the world just once he would know the consequences of that action, and hence he would know all that would happen because of it. Since God created the world he affected it. So therefore all sin that has happened is happening and will happen is because of what God has done, no other reason. Therefore there is no free will. If God had not affected the world with the commandments or Jesus or miracles then there would be the possibility of freedom of choice, but since he did, that possibility has been removed.

However, God is always right, and he himself said he gave us freedom of choice.

So you have two choices, either this being you worship is not infallible, or this being you worship is not omnipotent.

Either way the concept of your God becomes inconsequential, sorry, but thats plain and simple irrefutable logic.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I choose not to classify myself as one religion being as I question alot of it. I was raised Christian, but the older that I got the more I questioned things, and got to the point where I just couldn't believe in a book that was man made. I know that Jesus existed, it's in the history books I don't deny that. But alot of the stuff in the bible no one could really know because they weren't there, and it is my belief that just like every other religion bits and pieces have changed along the way to suite the purposes of whomever was using it. I do believe in a higher power, but I wouldn't call it God necessarily. The closest religion to anything I believe is Bhuddism, yet still different.
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buddhism isn’t a religion, its more of a philosophy. And I think Buddhists are second closest to my personal beliefs. The closest being: Satanism. I will not however call myself a Satanist, as this philosophy itself has its own contradictions and flaws, just like any organized spiritual collective. I find that the highest being in existence, is yourself (call me vain, but it counts for us all). I feel that the idea of an intelligent creator is just not plausible.
Moses3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This isn't exactly an easy subject, but this is what I have to say about it:

First and foremost, why was religion started? To explain what was unexplainable at the time, and things that still are. People want meaning, people want to know why things happen, that makes sense. Yet there are so many different religions and beliefs in this world, and people feel very strongly about them. This is because of the evolution and isolation of early man (i.e. The Americas). This led to religions growing, and people's belief in them stronger. It is amazingly unfair to say it is impossible, or not right, to believe in both evolution and God, because they tie into each other so much.

One more thing. People shouldn't whine. You believe what you believe and thats what matters. Isn't that what our parents taught us? What matters is what you think? Well this world has become the exact oppisite, and that's just dumb. But hey, what do I know about the world, I'm just a 13 year old with an opinion.
Solberger0127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guido wrote:
I feel that the idea of an intelligent creator is just not plausible.

Why not?
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solberger0127 wrote:
Guido wrote:

Why not?

Read my argument against it.
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solberger0127 wrote:
Guido wrote:

Why not?

Look at yourself, me, neighbors dog, their new car, anything! Just look and contemplate, then you should understand why. Wink
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I could come up with a logically rigorous position on whether evolution implies something in regards to god's existence, but unfortunately I've had no such luck. I can, however, tell you that historically Christians believed the Earth was very young (only a few thousand years). When a bonanza of geological evidence came to oppose that viewpoint, on top of the later claims of evolution, it worried many people. As for today, I have several Christian friends who believe in god and evolution without breaking a sweat. That would be rare back then. In that sense, perceptions surrounding the problem have definitely changed; the typical Christian in 1800 would have serious qualms about believing both in evolution, if they knew about it, and in god, but it may not be a big deal for the typical Christian today (and it often isn't as I said before).

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Evolution Versus Creationism All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10