Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Your Ad Here

Are the UFO's just lights in the sky?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Are the UFO's just lights in the sky? Reply with quote
Discuss.

Last edited by Xerxes on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have two issues:

-First, UFO's are unidentified flying objects. They are not (always) alien spacecraft. I assume you mean alien spacecraft.

-Second, you present a false dichotomy. It may be the case that we are not alone in the universe AND that there are no alien spacecraft - the aliens may be at the same level of technological development as ourselves. Or, more wierdly, we may indeed be the only intelligent life in the universe, but there may also be alien spacecraft - from other universes.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As has said before, one of the greatest signs that there is intelligent life out there is that it *hasn't* contacted us. We suck.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
I have two issues:

-First, UFO's are unidentified flying objects. They are not (always) alien spacecraft. I assume you mean alien spacecraft.

-Second, you present a false dichotomy. It may be the case that we are not alone in the universe AND that there are no alien spacecraft - the aliens may be at the same level of technological development as ourselves. Or, more wierdly, we may indeed be the only intelligent life in the universe, but there may also be alien spacecraft - from other universes.
OK, let me simplify things. Is Mankind the crown of creation?
ZackH
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:
exton wrote:
I have two issues:

Definatly not, although i was watching some old Carl Sagan's Cosmos videos on youtube and he brought up an interesting thing about ET life. We could possibly be the first intelligent life form. It makes sense, someone has to be first. But then again the universe is at least 78 billion years old, so i doubt that we are #1. I think if Carl had that information he might have revised his statment. I think they are here though. I have personally seen lights in the skies, my family has seen them, friends of the family has seen strange objects zipping around fields. I've even heard from some people that they are in contact with major governments and have made treaties with them. Who knows what is true till we see one fly down in Time Square.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is a link to Billy Meier's site:

http://www.theyfly.com/

Last edited by Xerxes on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:52 am; edited 2 times in total
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xerxes wrote:

That depends on what it is that you consider to be worthy of crowning.

On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons.
-Douglas adams

And the link you posted didn't work. You forgot the www

This one works:
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Xerxes wrote:

That depends on what it is that you consider to be worthy of crowning.

On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons.
-Douglas adams

And the link you posted didn't work. You forgot the www

This one works:

Sorry Crying or Very sad
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The reason that I posted this is because I lived in the western US for a large portion of my life. One of those places was Phoenix in 1997. What reminded me of it was the fact that the Governor at the time Republican Governor Fife Symington III has fessed up and admitted it was actually ET's. DUH!

I could have told you that shit in 97'! And the fact that they made such great fun of the whole situation is the most galling...Is it not actually a matter of national security?

Because I know that what I saw that night was no laughing matter. Anyone else living in Phoenix at the time reading this? I am sure they will tell you is that what they seen that night made the hair on the back of their f***ing necks stand up like thay did mine. A lot of rumors/hearsay/truth comes out of nearby Luke AFB and Sky Harbor airport...rumor has it that our jets could not even establish a closing speed, the objects were so fast.

Here's a link(sorry about the last one)to the CNN story:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lights in the sky like that are wierd.

Those lights being aliens is orders of magnitude wierder.

I think it takes a lot more than some unexplained lights to claim that alien spacecraft have visited earth.
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Lights in the sky like that are wierd.

Those lights being aliens is orders of magnitude wierder.

I think it takes a lot more than some unexplained lights to claim that alien spacecraft have visited earth.

Is it possible that the have travelled as far as they would have had to to get here, an not even visit the planet? Besides, is them visiting the Earth the main criteria used to determine their existence? There are pre-historic cave drawings in France depicting something that is definitely not human. And the Nazca lines...Sumerians appear on the scene almost immediately following the Ice Age(One of the most inhospitable times for any species to evolve. And all of a sudden they have masonry, a legal system, pottery, the arts and mathematics and even evidence of surgery being performed at least 5000 years before Christ. And not 5000 yrs. earlier they were cave dwellers. How did they get so smart so quick?

Did you go to "They Fly"? JPL could not even debunk those Billie Meier photos.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
www.disclosureproject.org

watch this and you will at the very least consider the possibility of UFOs
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
www.disclosureproject.org

watch this and you will at the very least consider the possibility of UFOs

Yep, been there! AWESOME SITE, it is. There are several scientist from ALL fields of science that are a part of Disclosure Project.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what I said somewhere before.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lester wrote:
This is what I said somewhere before.

what is the this you speak of?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7