Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
Anger

Home // Conservative Corner

Freddie
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Anger Reply with quote
Boy I know I'm opening a can of worms with this one. I can see it now as the profanity fills the air and a mist of finely ground sheep exrement is cast in my direction.

But never the less I speak my mind just as the rest of you do and accept the consequences.

Anger is not always a bad thing, sometimes it takes being angry to motivate us. It's sad but true. We absolutely have to get so angry that we can't sit or stand still before we'll take any kind of stand at all.

But anger causes us to loose focus, and really it causes others to tune us out. When someone comes at me with profanity drenched rantings the first thing I do is tune out. Now that person may have many valid things to say, things that I need to put my attention to, but if its done or said out of anger then I just don't care.

Don't lie you know you do the same thing or else you get angry too. Then two angry people or more begin to go at it and in the end no one has heard a word the other has said.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of getting offended or angered at things so don't think I'm being self righteous, in fact if I point one finger there are 3 more and a thumb pointing right back at me. What I'm suggesting is only that our views be presented respectfully and professionally if we want to be heard. That we instead of just complaining, we offer solutions for the problems we complain about, that we take a stand for what we believe but do it in a way by which people actually know what we stand for. And finaly we get up and go to the poles and vote or even run for office ourselves. We are not going to change our communities, states, country or world by sitting behind a computer and for lack of a better word telling each other "I can pee further than you"

Just my take on things. I figure some will be angry at me for saying all this but you gotta just say sometimes "oh well"

God bless.

Last edited by Freddie on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Freddie wrote:
Boy I know I'm opening a can of worms with this one. I can see it now as the profanity fills the air and a mist of finely ground sheep exrement is cast in my direction.

But never the less I speak my mind just as the rest of you do and accept the consequences.

Anger is not always a bad thing, sometimes it takes being angry to motivate us. It's sad but true. We absolutely have to get so angry that we can't sit or stand still before we'll take any kind of stand at all.

But anger causes us to loose focus, and really it causes others to tune us out. When someone comes at me with profanity drenched rantings the first thing I do is tune out. Now that person may have many valid things to say, things that I need to put my attention to, but if its done or said out of anger then I just don't care.

Don't lie you know you do the same thing or else you get angry too. Then two angry people or more begin to go at it and in the end no one has heard a word the other has said.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of getting affender or angered at things so don't think being self righteous, in fact if I point one finger there are 3 more and a thumb pointing right back at me. What I'm suggesting is only that our views be presented respectfully and professionally if we want to be heard. That we instead of just complaining, we offer solutions for the problems we complain about, that we take a stand for what we believe but do it in a way by which people actually know what we stand for. And finaly we get up and go to the poles and vote or even run for office ourselves. We are not going to change our communities, states, country or world by sitting behind a computer and for lack of a better word telling each other "I can pee further than you"

Just my take on things. I figure some will be angry at me for saying all this but you gotta just say sometimes "oh well"

God bless.

Freddie, you just had to go and say that JUST as I run out of sheep excrement! You just wait till I get back from the Poop Emporium, the one next to Wal-Mart. Actually what you said does not require "sheep-dip", at all, for it is correct. Cooler heads always prevail. Very Happy
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just because people swear does not meant they are angry.

crap for brains
Freddie
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:

crap for brains

Clear up a bet between me and my wife will you please, was this to say you are angry but you don't use profanity or that you are not angry and you just think I have crap for brains Laughing
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

My swearing is not an indiciation of my anger. I believe (although im not certain) that anger is indistinguishable from my other emotions on the internet.
Freddie
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh I don't know I think it pretty easy to pick up on some things considering the attitude of the writing.

Exton would you faint if I said "I love you Man" that is if you are a man or are you. Oh my... Laughing
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Freddie wrote:

God bless.

I do agree with you that there is room for anger. Anger is not something America lacks, for sure, but it is misdirected anger. I believe that what America lacks is the outrage. Outrage at the genocide going on around the globe and warmongers raking in profits from wars that kill hundreds of thousands.

The governments of the world will not react when it's citizenry is angry. They will only be moved when there is outrage.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Freddie wrote:

Exton would you faint if I said "I love you Man" that is if you are a man or are you. Oh my... Laughing

I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality to handle being hit on by other men.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Freddie wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:

crap for brains

Clear up a bet between me and my wife will you please, was this to say you are angry but you don't use profanity or that you are not angry and you just think I have crap for brains Laughing

neither

it was just something that could be misconstrued as anger and was not a curse word.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Freddie wrote:

I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality to handle being hit on by other men.

I'm secure enough in my narcissism to handle *not* being hit on by other men.
Raibeart
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Anger Reply with quote
Freddie wrote:

I'm as guilty as the next guy of getting offended or angered at things so don't think I'm being self righteous, in fact if I point one finger there are 3 more and a thumb pointing right back at me. What I'm suggesting is only that our views be presented respectfully and professionally if we want to be heard. That we instead of just complaining, we offer solutions for the problems we complain about, that we take a stand for what we believe but do it in a way by which people actually know what we stand for. And finaly we get up and go to the poles and vote or even run for office ourselves. We are not going to change our communities, states, country or world by sitting behind a computer and for lack of a better word telling each other "I can pee further than you"

God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UT02--Ijdc

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1