Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

Afghanistan?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
Um... have people completely forgotten that we are still at war and still have troops dying in Afghanistan? It seems like it has become more of the redheaded stepchild to Iraq on the G.W.O.T? I especially like it when people say things like "Im against the war!". Wonderful. Which one? Thoughts on this?
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is Afghanistan?

<sarcasm>
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it would be safe to assume they are referring to the war on terrorism. Of course, maybe they are talking about the war on drugs or the war on poverty. Funny how none of those wars are ever going to be won if we "stay the course."
Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Americans today are so fickle. They were spoiled by the first Desert Storm.
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
Americans today are so fickle. They were spoiled by the first Desert Storm.

All I remember from the first desert storm was seeing news video on TV of the troops walking in the desert and barrels burning...

I was, I believe 8 years old.
AmericanBloodBrother

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll admit that I, at sometimes, even forget about Afghanistan. But when you look at Iraq and Afghanistan, Afghanistan did not take nearly as much time to deal with what we were trying to do. I have heard some nasty stories about Afghanistan though.
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
Patriot wrote:
Um... have people completely forgotten that we are still at war and still have troops dying in Afghanistan? It seems like it has become more of the redheaded stepchild to Iraq on the G.W.O.T? I especially like it when people say things like "Im against the war!". Wonderful. Which one? Thoughts on this?

i'm against both wars.

jack ass went into afghanistan because he had to because no one would buy that 911 was caused by iraq and he has not funded anything there. the cia is making boatloads off of opium and herion there, we only control 1/3 of the country (and that is shrinking), the war lords pay fighters at least twice as much as the u.s. does, etc., ect.,etc.

fuck the oil pipeline! either get out or try to imporve the country.
AmericanBloodBrother

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Patriot wrote:

i'm against both wars.

jack ass went into afghanistan because he had to because no one would buy that 911 was caused by iraq and he has not funded anything there. the cia is making boatloads off of opium and herion there, we only control 1/3 of the country (and that is shrinking), the war lords pay fighters at least twice as much as the u.s. does, etc., ect.,etc.

What are you talking about? I can see why you don't support the war in Iraq, but Afghanistan? We went into Afghanistan to boot out the Taliban, a proud supporter of Al-qaeda.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Patriot wrote:

i'm against both wars.

Any chance you can post proof of the CIA selling opium and herion in Afghanistan?

And do you think that 9/11 was a good enough reason for heading into Afghanistan?
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
AmericanBloodBrother wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Patriot wrote:

i'm against both wars.

What are you talking about? I can see why you don't support the war in Iraq, but Afghanistan? We went into Afghanistan to boot out the Taliban, a proud supporter of Al-qaeda.

i do not believe that al qaeda was responsible for 9/11 and we did nothing to help the country after ousting the taliban. in newsweek (this one) it told of how the u.s. is putting in some outrageous amount into afghanistan that is so low it is a fucking joke.[/img]
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Afghanistan? Reply with quote
Cantskate wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
Patriot wrote:

i'm against both wars.

Any chance you can post proof of the CIA selling opium and herion in Afghanistan?

And do you think that 9/11 was a good enough reason for heading into Afghanistan?

the cia has always brought drugs into this country and has traded arms for drugs more than once. the opium trade in afghanistan is its biggest money maker.

i will look for some "proof" tomorrow.
Anym
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Afghanistan the one that harbored and supported the terrorist that caused 9/11 and now is a hell hole. I just can't believe how one person(W) managed to screw 3 countries(Iraq,Afghanistan,U.S.) so badly. I was for the war on the taliban but he messed everything up so badly and I don't know if it can be fixed.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We should have only been dealing with Afghanistan especially since "they were behind 9/11" (yes I am one of those conspiracy people), but no... Bush cared more about going where the oil was. We were able to find Sadam in a damn hole, but we just couldn't find Osama, but then again we supplied them with quite a bit back in the 80s so I suppose it shouldn't be surprising.

I mean, if it is truly about spreading democracy then why aren't they trying to "rebuild" Afghanistan...
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JoeysAngyl wrote:

I mean, if it is truly about spreading democracy then why aren't they trying to "rebuild" Afghanistan...

They are. The news stations aren't going to cover Afghanistan when they have the right to smear and make Iraq look worse than it is. It benefits the liberal media more if they make it look like Afghanistan is being forgotten about to go into Iraq.
His_Princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
we should of taken care of Afghanistan before we even touched Iraq we should of actually found Osama before we went after Sadam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2