Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   

ACLU
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

shenrougu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: ACLU Reply with quote
These guys are idiots.

They oppose using a photo ID when you vote, saying your right not to have one overides the nessesity of combating election fruad.

They stick up for pedophile organisations like NAMBLA (north american man-boy love association)

They hate religion, especially christianity.

They were founded by a communist and still persue those ideals.

Id do a more substantial post but, im tired.
Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah... dont get me started on them. Just not a good idea haha.
johnnycade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ACLU Reply with quote
shenrougu wrote:

They stick up for pedophile organisations like NAMBLA (north american man-boy love association)

That alone makes me dislike them.
haywood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you all know, that if you speak out against the ACLU, that you are a racist, nazi, fanatic, backwoods inbred cracker f'head. RIGHT?

Anyway they (aclu,nambla,naacp,nba,ncaa,nfl,cbl,mbl,cbbl and the dnc) are not on my christmas card list. Although it would be fun to send the ACLU a christmas card with a baby Jesus on it.
johnnycade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
haywood wrote:
you all know, that if you speak out against the ACLU, that you are a racist, nazi, fanatic, backwoods inbred cracker f'head. RIGHT?

Anyway they (aclu,nambla,naacp,nba,ncaa,nfl,cbl,mbl,cbbl and the dnc) are not on my christmas card list. Although it would be fun to send the ACLU a christmas card with a baby Jesus on it.

Do it! Just get a bunch of people to send them one. It would be really funny. Even if we couldn't see their reactions.
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do realize the American Civil Liberties Union has thousands of members, right?

I seriously doubt all of them subscribe to all of these stereotypes as you would like to believe.
AmericanBloodBrother

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
You do realize the Anti Christian Liberal Union has thousands of members, right?

I seriously doubt all of them subscribe to all of these stereotypes as you would like to believe.

There, I fixed up your post for you Smile
johnnycade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AmericanBloodBrother wrote:
corey michael wrote:
You do realize the Anti Christian Liberal Union has thousands of members, right?

There, I fixed up your post for you Smile

You could have put "Anti Christian League of the Underworld" too. Very Happy
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
You do realize the American Civil Liberties Union has thousands of members, right?

Eh, most people are just casual members of the ACLU. Similar to how you would sign up for a newsletter. And then there are the thousands that are just as far left as the ACLU and agree with what the ACLU does.

A question to ACLU defenders. Where was the ACLU when San Francisco kicked out the ROTC? They would have been all over a school that banned a club for gays, but why not the military?
corey michael
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cantskate wrote:
corey michael wrote:

Eh, most people are just casual members of the ACLU. Similar to how you would sign up for a newsletter. And then there are the thousands that are just as far left as the ACLU and agree with what the ACLU does.

A question to ACLU defenders. Where was the ACLU when San Francisco kicked out the ROTC? They would have been all over a school that banned a club for gays, but why not the military?

Good question, but I thought you were going to mention when San Fran ended the citizens' right to bear arms about a year ago. That was quickly overturned. Anyways, I wasn't defending the ACLU. I don't really know alot about the organization, but I seriously doubt its purpose is to be anti-Christian.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
corey michael wrote:
Cantskate wrote:
corey michael wrote:

Good question, but I thought you were going to mention when San Fran ended the citizens' right to bear arms about a year ago. That was quickly overturned. Anyways, I wasn't defending the ACLU. I don't really know alot about the organization, but I seriously doubt its purpose is to be anti-Christian.

It's purpose isnt to be anti-christian, but with the way the group defends certain ideals they have been labeled anti christian. I would personally agree with that label and go as far to say anti religion with the exception of Islam/Athesiem.

The group also defends almost nothing but left wing groups and attacks the police whenever they can even hint at foul play.
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Cantskate"][quote="corey michael"][quote="Cantskate"]
corey michael wrote:
The group also defends almost nothing but left wing groups and attacks the police whenever they can even hint at foul play.

1) Um... you do realize the ACLU has defended the Ku Klux Klan's right to demonstrate for their beliefs? Are you calling the KKK a left wing group?

2) While they need to do a better job of being fair at times, the purpose of the ACLU is to defend the First Amendment wholly and completely. Someone needs to do that, and it's necessarily going to be someone nobody really likes- we all like free speech, but groups like the KKK and NAMBLA that insinuate but do not officially advocate illegal activity make everyone uncomfortable. I understand their position, however, that these groups need to be defended for true free speech to take place.

3) you guys are going to tear this apart, partly because it's 3AM and I don't have the brain power for a fully intelligent response, and partly because I haven't been following the ACLU enough lately. But I maintain the belief that somebody has to look out for free speech for everyone.
Cantskate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="PeaceLoveandRockNRoll"][quote="Cantskate"][quote="corey michael"]
Cantskate wrote:
corey michael wrote:

1) Um... you do realize the ACLU has defended the Ku Klux Klan's right to demonstrate for their beliefs? Are you calling the KKK a left wing group?

2) While they need to do a better job of being fair at times, the purpose of the ACLU is to defend the First Amendment wholly and completely. Someone needs to do that, and it's necessarily going to be someone nobody really likes- we all like free speech, but groups like the KKK and NAMBLA that insinuate but do not officially advocate illegal activity make everyone uncomfortable. I understand their position, however, that these groups need to be defended for true free speech to take place.

3) you guys are going to tear this apart, partly because it's 3AM and I don't have the brain power for a fully intelligent response, and partly because I haven't been following the ACLU enough lately. But I maintain the belief that somebody has to look out for free speech for everyone.

The 1st amendment does not cover hate speech. So your KKK arguement can be thrown out the window. And I can easily throw out your little statement that the NAMBLA does not officially advocate illegal activity. Hell, with NAMBLA you just have to look at their name (North American MAN BOY LOVE Association). Man Boy Love is recognized as pedophelia in this country.

And when was the last time that the ACLU defended the KKK? Probably before the ACLU was hijacked by the far far left. There was a time that the ACLU actually protected the 1st amendment, but that was far before the current incarnation of the ACLU.

Do you also know that the ACLU doesn't only "protect" free speech? They also prosecute civil rights cases(hence their name) and are responsible for most of the attacks on the second amendment.

I do think that "needing to do a better job at being fair at times" is an understatement of their biasness. Just look at San Francisco kicking out the ROTC. Where was the ACLU to stand up for them? You know that if a city kicked out a Pro-Gay club the ACLU would be all over the city.

Yes, I do recognize the need to protect free speech. But I think that only an organization that is free of bias and uses some common sense on who they protect should do the job. Not some organization full of loons who only go after cases that profit their own left-wing agenda.
Lester
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cantskate wrote:
Yes, I do recognize the need to protect free speech. But I think that only an organization that is free of bias and uses some common sense on who they protect should do the job. Not some organization full of loons who only go after cases that profit their own left-wing agenda.

Hey, if you get rid of one word you could be talking about Fox news!

Shenrougu- your signature has instilled in me a dislike of reagan, even though I know he had to say such things to stay on the good side of the populace, it is there.[/b]
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: ACLU Reply with quote
shenrougu wrote:
These guys are idiots.

They oppose using a photo ID when you vote, saying your right not to have one overides the nessesity of combating election fruad.

They hate religion, especially christianity.

They were founded by a communist and still persue those ideals.

Id do a more substantial post but, im tired.

this country was established to protect the minorities and views that are unpopular. this is what freedom is. the ACLU fights abuses of freedoms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9