Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   


A super kool thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner

In a possible WWIII who do you think would be the emerging super powers?
China ( individually)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
US ( individually)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Russia ( individually)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Western Europe as a collective
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
North Korea ( individually)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
India ( individually)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The East ( China, India, North Korea)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Muntant Lazer sharks
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Roaches
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: A super kool thread Reply with quote
Now take the supper kool poll and leave me your thoughs
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, "emerging superpower from WWIII", that's a good one.

I voted for the roaches, of course.

Not even the mutant lazer sharks will survive.
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: GAR! Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Haha, "emerging superpower from WWIII", that's a good one.

I voted for the roaches, of course.

Not even the mutant lazer sharks will survive.


JIZZ ON YOU! I was interested in seeing how many people would believe there would be nations after all those countries started fighting.

I imagine nuclear slag, thnks a bundle = P
Back to top
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 2072

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the world as we know it will end. if we are lucky, we will be dead.
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jusdeadphunky wrote:
the world as we know it will end. if we are lucky, we will be dead.


How did you become a moderator.
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Docsmitter wrote:
jusdeadphunky wrote:
the world as we know it will end. if we are lucky, we will be dead.


How did you become a moderator.

he got in early.
Back to top
Nesta13Maldini
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 173
Location: My Computer Chair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Power to the Roaches! Laughing
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nesta13Maldini wrote:
Power to the Roaches! Laughing


I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
Back to top
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Location: Richmond, IN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Nesta13Maldini wrote:
Power to the Roaches! Laughing


I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

who's this "we" they're ruling over?
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeaceLoveandRockNRoll wrote:
exton wrote:

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

who's this "we" they're ruling over?


That would be all of humanity, after the nuclear holocaust.
Back to top
thedaltonius
Newbie


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
why isnt iran in this poll? after all im pretty sure thats who we would be fighting...
Back to top
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 2825

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thedaltonius wrote:
why isnt iran in this poll? after all im pretty sure thats who we would be fighting...


An actual war against iran wouldn't be a war - it would be a massacre.

This is about wwIII. Ie, a war between nations of comparable military strength.
Back to top
thedaltonius
Newbie


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
thedaltonius wrote:
why isnt iran in this poll? after all im pretty sure thats who we would be fighting...


An actual war against iran wouldn't be a war - it would be a massacre.

This is about wwIII. Ie, a war between nations of comparable military strength.



unless iran actually aquires nuclear weapons like theyre trying to do, and establish a unified fundamentalist islamic union in the middle east like theyre trying to do.
Back to top
CryxicKiller
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 296

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is this thread "super kool" again? Oh yeah, that's right; I can imagine World War III will be lively in its mass exterminations, ethnic cleansings, and total destruction for any semblance of civilization. Dude that's so cool; let's just start it right now....

There's not much that's funny about this. If one were to happen, I would say China has the best odds for 'emerging' to a higher plateau than where it currently is. Of course, this also depends on when the war happens; normally I would say the United States, but presumably we are the current superpower, so I don't see how we can "emerge" again. The inclusion of North Korea in this list is odd to say the least: media attention does not make a strong nation-state. North Korea is a structurally weak, pathetic nation. If a war were to start, it would barely make it a few months before mass starvation spreads through the civilian population and, ultimately, the military. A nation that spends a quarter of its GDP on defense has little chance of winning any war.
Back to top
Docsmitter
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 311
Location: CA LE FOR NYE YAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="CryxicKiller"]Why is this thread "super kool" again? Oh yeah, that's right; I can imagine World War III will be lively in its mass exterminations, ethnic cleansings, and total destruction for any semblance of civilization. Dude that's so cool; let's just start it right now....

CryxicKiller wrote:
There's not much that's funny about this. If one were to happen, I would say China has the best odds for 'emerging' to a higher plateau than where it currently is. Of course, this also depends on when the war happens; normally I would say the United States, but presumably we are the current superpower, so I don't see how we can "emerge" again. The inclusion of North Korea in this list is odd to say the least: media attention does not make a strong nation-state. North Korea is a structurally weak, pathetic nation. If a war were to start, it would barely make it a few months before mass starvation spreads through the civilian population and, ultimately, the military. A nation that spends a quarter of its GDP on defense has little chance of winning any war.



CryxicKiller wrote:
Why is this thread "super kool" again? Oh yeah, that's right; I can imagine World War III will be lively in its mass exterminations, ethnic cleansings, and total destruction for any semblance of civilization. Dude that's so cool; let's just start it right now....


Coming from a guy with the tag of CryxicKiller.

CryxicKiller wrote:
I would say China has the best odds for 'emerging' to a higher plateau than where it currently is. Of course, this also depends on when the war happens; normally I would say the United States, but presumably we are the current superpower, so I don't see how we can "emerge" again. The inclusion of North Korea in this list is odd to say the least: media attention does not make a strong nation-state. North Korea is a structurally weak, pathetic nation. If a war were to start, it would barely make it a few months before mass starvation spreads through the civilian population and, ultimately, the military. A nation that spends a quarter of its GDP on defense has little chance of winning any war.


I put my money on the east. It has the populace and just plain raw power. Soon they will have the tech of the US, and twice the economic power. Europe is loosing its hold. And before you disclaim N. Korea, with a country that lets nothing be known to the outside world, how you can determine their strength is beyond me. Show me an actual report about the countries gross budget, ect.
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LVC Home // Conservative Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites