Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
A Nation of "Whiners"

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives



 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
Phil Gramm...
The illustrious republican former Congressman who has brought you all the wonderful things the Bush crime family has given us
...He was a staunch Bush supporter and voted along with EVERYTHING he did
Has said that there's nothing wrong with our economy and that we are a nation of whiners and basically should "get over it"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07.....gn.html?hp

This is John McSame's ECONOMIC adviser

and you have the nerve to bring up a friggin' pastor
and cut and paste his sermons over a 17 year period???
Unbelieveable...
Back to top
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 3534

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
joeyjock wrote:
Phil Gramm...
The illustrious republican former Congressman who has brought you all the wonderful things the Bush crime family has given us
...He was a staunch Bush supporter and voted along with EVERYTHING he did
Has said that there's nothing wrong with our economy and that we are a nation of whiners and basically should "get over it"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07.....gn.html?hp

This is John McSame's ECONOMIC adviser

and you have the nerve to bring up a friggin' pastor
and cut and paste his sermons over a 17 year period???
Unbelieveable...

you may think Phil is all wrong but at least he isn't advocating that the US govt started the AIDS epidemic in order to wipe out blacks. there is a difference between advocating supply side economics and advocating afrocentrism.
Back to top
Timetheos
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 436
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
cornopean wrote:
joeyjock wrote:
Phil Gramm...
The illustrious republican former Congressman who has brought you all the wonderful things the Bush crime family has given us
...He was a staunch Bush supporter and voted along with EVERYTHING he did
Has said that there's nothing wrong with our economy and that we are a nation of whiners and basically should "get over it"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07.....gn.html?hp

This is John McSame's ECONOMIC adviser

and you have the nerve to bring up a friggin' pastor
and cut and paste his sermons over a 17 year period???
Unbelieveable...

you may think Phil is all wrong but at least he isn't advocating that the US govt started the AIDS epidemic in order to wipe out blacks. there is a difference between advocating supply side economics and advocating afrocentrism.


Well you advocate death squads Corno, so what's your problem? This is minor stuff.

You need to get some perspective:
1) There were some basis (not factual, but logical) for some Wright's comments given the Tuskegee experiment. Do you know what that was? Or do we need to educate you (again)?
2) McCain has his own preacher problems, such as Hagee.
3) Gramm is still an essential part of McCain's campaign. Gramm is THE ECONOMIC advisor talking about ECONOMIC policy. Wright, if he was involved, was never an essential part of Obama's campaign.

You may grovel and believe everything your preacher says, but the majority of the world isn't so attached to theirs. That's why Obama continues to poll better than McBush; they know the whole Wright thing was overblown. If McAngry really didn't agree with Gramm, he should purge him.
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This isn't a supposed family "friend"
This is his friggin' ECONOMIC ADVISER ..... do you understand what the term means?
and he wasn't just advocating supply side economics which is lunacy in itself
He was telling us that homes being foreclosed upon Freddie and Fannie Mac needing bailouts
and jobs being lost by the thousands and sent over seas

.................... That's all a figment of our collective imaginations
and that We're just pluggin'along famously

This is the same republican crap that started with Reagan and's gotten us into this trouble that we see now
and a vote for John McSame will just be a continuation of this mess we're in up to our necks now
Back to top
cornopean
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 3534

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
Timetheos wrote:

Well you advocate death squads Corno, so what's your problem? This is minor stuff.

I think murderers, rapists, etc. should be executed...is that what you mean by death squad?



Quote:
You need to get some perspective:
1) There were some basis (not factual, but logical) for some Wright's comments given the Tuskegee experiment. Do you know what that was? Or do we need to educate you (again)?

the Tuskegee experiment was the only such experiment, it was not specifically racial in nature, nor did it have anything to do with AIDS.



Quote:
2) McCain has his own preacher problems, such as Hagee.

first, Hagee is nowhere near Wright.
second, McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement (which shows that McCain is an idiot).



Quote:
3) Gramm is still an essential part of McCain's campaign. Gramm is THE ECONOMIC advisor talking about ECONOMIC policy. Wright, if he was involved, was never an essential part of Obama's campaign.

Wright was worse. He was an essential part of Obama's life and development. The most influential man in my life I recall Obama saying.
Gramm is right. This nation is a bunch of whiners and the poor in this nation are largely a bunch of lazy saps living parasitically off the middle and higher class working people.


Quote:

You may grovel and believe everything your preacher says, but the majority of the world isn't so attached to theirs. That's why Obama continues to poll better than McBush; they know the whole Wright thing was overblown. If McAngry really didn't agree with Gramm, he should purge him.

McAngry, McSame, McBush, and Obama have no idea what camp they fit in. They move and swap positions so regularly that it is hard to tell who is who.
I think of the two, McSame is the more principled man. Not sure if I like those principles tho.
Back to top
Vinces
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What was he thinking? Faux pas, fo sho.
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Essential part of Obama's life and developement???

I had a catholic priest for a Pastor who was later found out to be molesting little boys and girls....
Does that exempt me from knowing that that's wrong and that he should have been thrown in jail???

Rev Wright had NOTHING... and I'll say it again he had Nothing to do with Obama's political life and nothing to do with his campaign

Rev Hagee the nutcase DID...... He was McCain's liason to the rightwing nutcases out in Jesusland (You didn't see the pictures of them together?)

And Phil Gramm was and IS the man McCain goes to for economic ADVICE!!!!!

DO YOU NOT SEE THE COORELLATION THERE????????
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1555

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
Quote:
you may think Phil is all wrong but at least he isn't advocating that the US govt started the AIDS epidemic in order to wipe out blacks. there is a difference between advocating supply side economics and advocating afrocentrism.


Oh come on. That's totally un-fucking-related.
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1555

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nation of "Whiners" Reply with quote
Quote:
second, McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement (which shows that McCain is an idiot).


ROFL. You make your bigotry pop out a little more each time you post.
Back to top
Timetheos
Known Associate
Known Associate


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 436
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I think murderers, rapists, etc. should be executed...is that what you mean by death squad?

No. I mean supporting/admiring facist dictators whose minions would abduct civilians (with a public ruling in a court of law) then torture and kill them.

Quote:
the Tuskegee experiment was the only such experiment, it was not specifically racial in nature, nor did it have anything to do with AIDS.


The sudy involve 399 black men and no white men, so please tell me how it was not racial in nature. The fact that there was "only" one that we know of still harms trust. While not related to AIDs, they are both STDs. I would argue that further actions by known racists, such as Helms, in suppressing AIDS research and care spread further seeds of doubt.

I'm not saying I agree with Wright sentiment on AIDS, I'm just saying that they may not be quite as irrational as some people may think.
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"the Tuskegee experiment was the only such experiment"

HISTORY OF SECRET EXPERIMENTATION
ON UNITED STATES CITIZENS

http://www.geocities.com/star1.....ments.html
Back to top
joeyjock
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 2108
Location: Fort Lauderdale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But this isn't about Rev Wright
this is about the man who John McCain goes to for economic advice...
a man who says that there is nothing wrong with our economy right now

If that's the man McCain picked to be his point man on the economy theres some heavy psychotropic medication in his Ensure
Back to top
Toxic
Forum Elder
Forum Elder


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 1555

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just stop whining, dammit! You're killing our economy!
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Add to My Yahoo!

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites