Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
A case for promiscuity

Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: A case for promiscuity Reply with quote
So, Adam&Eve ate the forbidden fruit. After that, they became aware that they were naked. Before that, they didn't have a problem with that.

Conservatives who speak out against promiscuity must have been kicked out of paradise for sinning against God.

And those who don't have a problem with promiscuity or have a promiscuous lifestyle have been forgiven.

Conservatives are sinners. Fuckers are holy.

Genesis 3:6
"The woman saw that the tree was good for food, pleasing to the eyes, and desirable for the knowledge it could give, and she took fruit from it. And ate it. She gave some to her husband who was with her. And he ate it. The eyes of both them were opened, and they knew that they were naked."
Mr. Conservative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Promiscuity Reply with quote
Promiscuity is sin. Look at 1 Corinthians 6:12-20. This deals with sexual immorality. You cannot make a case for promiscuity because it is sin. Don't bend the word of god to fit sin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Don't bend the word of god to fit sin." Why not? Christians do it all the time - to make sense of that self-contradictory book.

"Thou shalt not kill."

On the other hand:

"Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?"

Then again: "Jesus ... said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

And so forth.

You tell me not to bend the Bible texts to fit sin? So I tell you (Luke 6:31) "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Forget your Bible. Everyone who sticks to that book *must* twist the word in order to keep other parts of it.

Christianity is the ugliest truth-twister that poisons the Earth in the service of Satan the deceiver.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am sorry but your mixing two different ideas together, the first being the idea of being Naked and that being acceptable. The second, having lots and lots of sex with different people or promiscuity.

Judging from your stalwart opinion I doubt you will even give what I say the light of day but here it goes.

To understand this you must first understand the idea of a “Fallen Mind”. God had Forbade us to take and eat the fruit of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Satan as a serpent spoke to them saying, “Eat the fruit and you will be like God.” Focus on the words ‘Like God’ for that tells us our original sin.

Once we penned our fate to that of Satan, our minds fell. To put it another way we permanently thought of things in a negative way. I don’t mean as in a negative attitude of a grouchy old man. I mean we cannot take things in an innocent way. Therefore, the very act of being Naked, which was innocent, could in fact excite the newfound lust in humans.

To the third poster

In the Old Testament, there is something akin to over 600 rules. Now we humans only understand things to extremes. Meaning everyday people are murdered but why does not affect us so much? Why it is that only when many people are killed in one go does it bother us but not the constant death of a few?
Therefore, I am going to share some of the logic, as I understand it behind some of these laws, which at the time they were given there was no logic. However, today we now understand the logic.
First, one of the laws, which may seem extreme to you, is the burying of human feces. Thousands of years ago, they had no knowledge of germs or bacteria and viruses. Or how infections spread but they followed the commandment. In Jerusalem, they have found evidences of armies that had once surrounded the city but died off because of cholera, which breeds in feces.
Second, there is a law, which states not to have sex with animals and if a person has sex with animals, they are too killed. There are two reasons for this. The obvious one being that humans were meant for humans and to each their own kind, but the other one is something you will find logical. Certain diseases are only contracted through sexual acts. Humans are not born with STD’s so it must have come from an outside source aka sex with animals.
Third, the eating of only certain animals and certain body parts of those animals. Animals such as pigs are more susceptible to trichinosis. Another reason is that it is widely speculated that Aids or HIV was transmitted through to humans by the sex either with monkeys or as part of a ritual in the area of the pigmies where they would drink the blood of monkeys

Now as for “Thou shall not kill” it is probably, the most misquoted of all the scripture. Just from the simple fact that it cannot be fully explained in English. C.S Lewis talks a little bit about this in his book Mere Christianity. In it, he says that in the language of Greek and Hebrew there are two words meaning, “To kill”. The first basically means to kill without provocation. Serial murders and normal one-time murders fall under this. Because they took a gun, either they have a need to kill or they are just angry. That is what the “Thou Shall Not Kill” is talking about; it was to prevent people from going around and randomly killing each other. The second “To kill” is to kill with provocation meaning is let us say a man breaks into your home is going to steal everything you own and rape your only daughter and wife. So you defend yourself and them. In the process, kill the other man. It does not make the death of the man any less wrong but you are not guilty of sin for the man the other man had set his sights to do evil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
opps I guess I spent so much time typing that it logged me out haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think we should just respect each others opinion. Or, let's say that promiscuity is just normal because as human its' just common to make mistakes like that. And, for those who are against promiscuous, don't judge them because if god doesn't judge them, how come you are? your just a human. We all commit mistakes here. Others are being promiscuous while others are liars or etc. No one's absolutely clean in the world. So let's just respect each others mistakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Liberals Versus Conservatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1