Register :: Log in :: Profile :: Mail   
66% Think U.S. Spies on Its Citizens

Home // Conspiracies and Theories

Goto page 1, 2  Next

JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: 66% Think U.S. Spies on Its Citizens Reply with quote
"Two-thirds of Americans believe that the FBI and other federal agencies are intruding on privacy rights as part of terrorism investigations, but they remain divided over whether such tactics are justified, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released yesterday."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/.....01310.html

66%...That is all?

I find it disturbing that 66% of Americans feel the same way I do...
jusdeadphunky
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: 66% Think U.S. Spies on Its Citizens Reply with quote
JesusLopezViejo wrote:
"Two-thirds of Americans believe that the FBI and other federal agencies are intruding on privacy rights as part of terrorism investigations, but they remain divided over whether such tactics are justified, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released yesterday."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/.....01310.html

66%...That is all?

I find it disturbing that 66% of Americans feel the same way I do...

i agree. one would think that at least 95% would realize that the government is spying on the people, and 66% feel it may be needed to combat terrorism.
Tesla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is it only 66% when the bush administration was caught red handed illeagaly wire tapping?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
General observation: about 30% of the american public will agree with anything (although not necessarily the same 30%).
In this case, they agree with: the government isn't spying on its citizens.

I don't know why this is, it just seems to be the case.
JoeysAngyl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is insane... but then again this 30% are probably the same people who voted Bush in for a second term. I just don't get why there are people for directly violating our basic rights... it really does scare me to think of what this country is turning into. Is it just me or is this country drifting farther and farther away from what it was truly intended to be?
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JoeysAngyl wrote:
That is insane... but then again this 30% are probably the same people who voted Bush in for a second term. I just don't get why there are people for directly violating our basic rights...

Well, they're the same 30% who still think that the iraq war is a good idea.

What's most ironic is why they support violating our rights: they're scared of the terrorists.
The ironic thing about that is that almost all of these people live in the deep south or in the middle of the country; namely, all the places that have a zero chance of being attacked by terrorists.
Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
JoeysAngyl wrote:
That is insane... but then again this 30% are probably the same people who voted Bush in for a second term. I just don't get why there are people for directly violating our basic rights...

What's most ironic is why they support violating our rights: they're scared of the terrorists.
The ironic thing about that is that almost all of these people live in the deep south or in the middle of the country; namely, all the places that have a zero chance of being attacked by terrorists.

Yeah, I'm afraid we're now talking about a theocratic populated country that believes in a six day creation over a mountain of scientific evidence that proves evolution beyond a doubt. This country ranks second to last out of 34 countries.

http://www.livescience.com/hum....._rank.html

To further the idiocy of the population, when Barbara Walters claimed that her dog spoke to her, 54% out of about 10,000 people in an MSNBC poll believe that dogs can talk!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14801867/

I'm so afraid for the future of this country it literally sickens me.
exton
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

Yeah, I'm afraid we're now talking about a theocratic populated country that believes in a six day creation over a mountain of scientific evidence that proves evolution beyond a doubt.

Ah, jesusland.

Oolon Colluphid
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exton wrote:
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

Yeah, I'm afraid we're now talking about a theocratic populated country that believes in a six day creation over a mountain of scientific evidence that proves evolution beyond a doubt.

Ah, jesusland.

OMG!! There's alot of green to cover for me to get to reality.. I have to find an underground railroad to get outta here!! Shocked
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oolon Colluphid wrote:
exton wrote:
JoeysAngyl wrote:

Yeah, I'm afraid we're now talking about a theocratic populated country that believes in a six day creation over a mountain of scientific evidence that proves evolution beyond a doubt. This country ranks second to last out of 34 countries.

http://www.livescience.com/hum....._rank.html

To further the idiocy of the population, when Barbara Walters claimed that her dog spoke to her, 54% out of about 10,000 people in an MSNBC poll believe that dogs can talk!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14801867/

After reading that chart, Iceland seems like even more of a kick ass freedom filled place to be!
JesusLopezViejo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oolon Colluphid wrote:
exton wrote:
Oolon Colluphid wrote:

Ah, jesusland.

OMG!! There's alot of green to cover for me to get to reality.. I have to find an underground railroad to get outta here!! Shocked

haha..great graphic..
Anon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: U.S. Idiocy Reply with quote
Quote:

You might enjoy the movie Idiocracy. It's about a guy played by Luke Wilson who ends up in the future where everyone is a bunch of idiots. It's sadly and eerily accurate.
p.s. It's written/produced/directed by Mike Judge who did office space- so it's good.[/quote]
Turk
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shit Clinton did the same thing
Google Project Echelon
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is a commonly known fact that the US spies on it's own. From the McCarthy Communist scare. Then into the 60's & 70's with protesters and other groups like the SDS. The FBI had their COINTELLPRO and the CIA had their INTELLPRO programs, both aimed at "dissidents" So, I contend that it would be naive to believe that your government doesn't spy on you. And you wanna know the worst part? You and all other taxpayers are footing the bill to allow them to do just that. P.S. Wassup, long time no see.......
Xerxes
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is a commonly known fact that the US spies on it's own. From the McCarthy Communist scare. Then into the 60's & 70's with protesters and other groups like the SDS. The FBI had their COINTELLPRO and the CIA had their INTELLPRO programs, both aimed at "dissidents" So, I contend that it would be naive to believe that your government doesn't spy on you. And you wanna know the worst part? You and all other taxpayers are footing the bill to allow them to do just that. P.S. Wassup, long time no see.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Quick Reply    LVC Home // Conspiracies and Theories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2